Maximize Sanding Performance and Save Costs
Optimized Surface Preparation, OSP in short, is a system designed by Mirka to take control of the entire surface finishing process. It is not only about sanding, but optimized sanding, maximizing performance at every stage.
By taking Mirka’s OSP system into use, you can take control of the paint shop and modernize its every aspect. It is a combination that has Mirka innovation written all over it: high-tech abrasives work together to make everything easier, not more complicated.
With OSP, you can have an optimized surface process with a slimmer gritline, using the grits that work best in a standardized workshop process, supported by Mirka’s power tools, masking supplies, compounds and know-how. OSP makes it possible for you to run a more efficient process with reduced waste of abrasives and better use of your worktime.
Save Time and Reach a Better Finish
With OSP, it is possible to reach time savings in a sanding process by 30%. In addition, using the simplified OSP system you can significantly reduce abrasive material consumption by the same amount – studies in body shops have shown an abrasive material decrease
Reaching a smooth workflow in the body shop requires a standardized repair process. With OSP, the correct accomplished repairs are performed in time, which also has a great effect on customer satisfaction.
Mirka’s OSP abrasives are clearly marked with numbers, making it easy to know which disc or strip should be used for each step. Number 1 is used for paint removal, number 2 for feather edge, number 3 for preparing the repaired area for primer by reducing scratches and expanding the feather edge and number 4 for finalising the sanding.
Rough grits ranging from P80 to P180 are in group one, followed by group two with grits P220-280. Finer grits in P320-400 form the third group, with P500-600 fine grits in the fourth group.
Benefits of OSP
- Simple system – easy to train, easy to understand and easy to supervise, improving quality and reducing reworks
- Dramatically increased speed and efficiency saves time on every job which boosts productivity and profitability
- More control minimizes the job area and reduces the risk of over-sanding
- Standardized, step-by-step processes mean predictable, consistent quality
- Tools are used to complete more processes which further increases speed and reduces operator fatigue
- Ergonomic tools are easier to control and use for longer periods
- Net sanding technology virtually eliminates the damage caused by dust pills and produces a consistent, even scratch pattern
- Dust free workshop stays cleaner, reducing the risk of dust in paintwork and minimizing the need for de-nibbing
Click to know more: https://www.mirka.com/en/know-how/solutions/osp