Purem International GmbH and AAPICO Hitech Public Company Limited (AAPICO) signed today an agreement to form a joint venture company. The new JV company Purem Aapico Co., Ltd. will manufacture and supply exhaust emission control systems and components for commercial vehicles and passenger cars in Thailand and the ASEAN market to meet the highest emission standards.
Purem International GmbH will hold 51 percent shareholding interest of the JV company, AAPICO holding the remaining 49 percent. The aim of the partnership is to develop the local market and become a major emission system supplier for the region. The products will be available for Asian and international automotive manufacturers targeting the local market in Thailand as well as ASEAN markets. While Purem by Eberspaecher brings its global industrialization, development, engineering and product management expertise into the new company, Aapico adds the local market know how in production, human resources, IT as well as customer service. The management of new joint venture will be taken over by a joint local team.
Purem by Eberspaecher Co-CEO Volker Cwielong emphasised: “Purem by Eberspaecher is intensifying its activities for clean mobility and growing in the Asian markets. We are convinced that with Aapico we have found the best joint venture partner that brings local know how as well as profound more than 30 years experience in the automotive sector to grow together.“ AAPICO is a global automotive part company specialising in jigs, dies, press and assembly parts, chassis parts, forging parts, casting and plastic components. AAPICO’s president and CEO, Yeap Swee Chuan, added that “Joining with Purem by Eberspaecher, a German company, a dream comes true to add a new critical product to be made in Thailand for the local car industry.”
For the production a new plant will be built in Amata City Rayong, about 100 km southeast of Bangkok. The facility will be within AAPICO’s Rayong campus and start of production with exhaust systems for an international automotive manufacturer is already planned for the third quarter 2023.In the first step 80 new jobs will be created.
The Asian activities of Purem by Eberspaecher are headquartered in Shanghai, China with a tech centre as well as production facilities. Further nine plants in China and two in India serve local and global automotive manufacturers with exhaust purification systems for passenger cars and commercial vehicles in Asia.